Airtel India has just announced that all of the Airtel customers in India will be now be able to access Free Twitter on their mobile phones that too entirely free. (SMS and WEBSITE)
The users can have a free access till 1st March 2012. This limited period offer for Twitter by Airtel is a first one of its kind in India as this offer facilitates the customers to enjoy free access to Twitter through Default web browsers by visiting URL:
Airtel subscribers can now sign up without activating GPRS plans for Twitter or any SMS updates of definite users via a short code of 53000 on their mobile phones is free for the period of this offer. This offer is valid till 1st March 2012
How you can enjoy a free Twitter access on Airtel (offer till 1st March 2012):
You can visit the Twitter mobile website by visiting http://mobile.twitter.com
and then follow a simple sign up process.
The users will have to create a new account on Twitter on SMS as follows:
- SMS with a type of ‘START’ and then send it to 53000, and on receiving reply you need to SMS ‘SIGNUP’ and send it to 53000.
- Then that you have to type a username which should be less than 15 characters and then send that to 53000.
- You will be getting a confirmation message when Twitter approves your username and you will know through a feedback by Twitter as prompting you to SMS a chosen password to 53000.
- Your Twitter account will be created on the completion of this process and after that you can Sign up for the tweets.
- You can follow any Twitter users on SMS to get updates from a Him/Her, and can SMS ‘Follow’ to 53000.
So Go ahead and Enjoy Twitter for free.